Yes, you can make shorting strategies on Mudrex. There are 3 different kinds of trading methods you can choose for trading:
- Long Only
- Short Only
Read more about the available trading methods on Mudrex.
Below is the example of simple Algo to start with short trading:
Let's say you have the following conditions:
Run a strategy in Short only mode mode
- Open a short position when the price decreases by 3%.
- Close the short position when the price increases by 5% in the previous candle.
This Algo, when converted to strategy in our visual strategy builder, looks like this:
After saving the strategy, we can choose the parameter for running the strategy on the testing console.
- Select Bitmex/Deribit in the exchange filed using the drop-down menu from the list of available exchanges.
- BTC market will be selected as default in the market section.
- Choose the asset you want to trade using the drop-down menu(currently only supporting USD perpetual contracts).
- Select tick interval using the drop-down fields.
- Select the period of backtesting for your strategy.
- Select a trading method for the strategy. (in this case, we are choosing short only).
- Choose leverage for your strategy available options are from 1x to 100x.
- Choose the starting balance for the strategy and click start test.
Start trading on Mudrex and choose from a wide variety of trading strategies. Start now!