Yes, you can make shorting based strategies on Mudrex. Currently, Mudrex only supports Bitmex exchange for Sorting and other margin/leverage based strategies.
Below is the example of simple Algo to start with short trading:
- Buy when price increases by 5% in the previous candle.
- Sell when price decreases by 3%.
This Algo, when converted to strategy in our visual strategy builder, looks like this:
After saving the strategy, we can choose the parameter for running the strategy on the testing console.
- Select Bitmex in the exchange filed using the drop-down menu from the list of available exchange.
- BTC market will be selected as default in the market section.
- Choose the asset you want to trade using the drop-down menu(currently only supporting USD perpetual contracts).
- Select tick interval using the drop-down fields.
- Select the period of backtesting for your strategy.
- Select a trading method for the strategy. (in this case, we are choosing short only).
- Choose leverage for your strategy available options are from 1x to 100x.
- Choose the starting balance for the strategy and click start test.