The Mudrex Marketplace provides users with a curated set of high-quality strategies to invest in made by the best traders on the platform. Quality for in this case implies 2 things
- Setting the correct expectation of risks involved and returns expected over a timeframe
- Giving correct information about what are correct assets to build this on
We have designed a strategy review process to ensure that users get only the best strategies to invest in. Below are details are a few details:
- Each strategy will be evaluated by all members of the Mudrex Review Council (RC)
- To ensure that strategies submitted are of high quality, every member will have the veto right to reject the strategy
- At no point in time will the RC have access to how the strategy is built
- RC will only have access to the submission details and will be able to run backtest and validate the submission details
- The nature of the evaluation is objective and dependent on the individual strategies and submitted details
- If rejected, the RC will provide detailed information about why the submission was rejected. Traders can address the points mentioned in the submission and resubmit once they are ready
General points to note:
- DO NOT promote unreasonably returns
- You might have some backtest scenarios which are outliers and show unbelievable results. These should not be promoted. Setting the right expectations is key to long term success
- DO NOT use language in your description that overpromises or is not along the lines of how your strategy performs
- DO NOT flood the user with too much choice. Provide a limited set of parameters and variables that the user should invest is. Choice is good. Too much choice is bad
- DO describe clearly under what scenarios the strategy will work and when it won't.
Going against the above will more often than not lead us to reject your strategy.
Below are outlines for individual fields:
Short description will appear in the listing page and is the first part users will look at. This is an introduction to your strategy
- Keep it short and simple. Ideally <100 characters.
- Give a summary of the core idea on which it is built.
Captures large price swings using HA candles. Optimized for volatile choppy markets.
Description is a field where you can add more details about what your strategy does. You should focus on:
- The fundamental hypothesis used to make your strategy
- When is it expected to buy and when is it expected to sell
- Which kind of assets it works best for
- Which market conditions are preferred and why
- What time frames to run it for
HA Price Swing strategy is based on the hypothesis that prices revert to the mean in short timeframes. The strategy buys when it sees prices are just starting to move up and sells when the strategy dips below a peak.
It works best in volatile conditions that see lots of swings. It will win almost always when the market is oscillating. In bull markets, it is designed to capture as much of the up-move as it can. It ignores investing when markets are down.
The strategy is not designed to work in bear conditions because it is not optimized to prevent down moves. THE STRATEGY WILL LOOSE when it swings down.
The strategy is designed intraday candles so using 10m, 15m, and 30m work well. Also invest only in high liquidity markets like BTC/USDT, ETH/USDT, BTC/ETH
Do not use this strategy in shorting conditions or with leverage. You will lose!
Monthly Subscription Fee
Every strategy on Mudrex is paid and the creator of the strategy has complete control over the subscription fee. Deciding how to price your strategy is an important part of publishing your strategy. Too high a price will make it a deterrent from users to invest. Too low and you are not able to extract enough value.
As a thumb-rule, users are comfortable sharing 20-30% of the profits they make with traders happily. So if you expect your strategy to give ~20% returns in a month and on average users invest 500 USD in your strategy; you expect it will make ~100 USD for them in a month. In a scenario like this, Users would be happy to pay ~20-30 USD for this. So pricing your strategy at ~20 USD per month would roughly be fair.
Note: Mudrex keeps 30% of the subscription fees and returns 70% to the traders.
Recommended Market Conditions, Assets and timeframes
Defining these will help the investor invest in the correct asset/market and timeframe. They help as guidelines and are required by every trader to submit.
Note: We will test your strategy in the given conditions and it should at least have a positive Returns Vs Market in the conditions defined. If it doesn't then we will reject your subscription.
Featured backtests are displayed on both the listing and detailed page and act a visual descriptor of strategy performance. It is very easy for users to be misled if incorrect, manipulated backtests are surfaced. Submitting backtests that are a reasonable indicator of performance to be expected is important. Featured backtests should
- be run over a period of 2 months at least
- have at least 10 trades
- be run on the conditions you have recommended
- have positive returns and returns over market
- not be run using leverage
- have fees included
Backtests submissions which do not comply to the above will be rejected.
Note: All your backtests run on the latest version will be available to the user always. Featured backtests are just the ones you choose to highlight.